Please feel free to call us with your questions!
TOLL FREE: 1-800-262-0231
Is a wood attic ladder better than an aluminum attic ladder?
- Wood attic ladders can be made taller and stronger than aluminum
- Steps on a wood attic ladder can be tightened
- Aluminum attic stairs are lighter
- Wood is usually cheaper
Do I measure from finish floor to ceiling or finish floor to attic floor?
- For a folding attic ladder measure from floor to ceiling
- For a disappearing stair (non-folding ladder) measure fro floor to attic floor
What is duty rating of 300 LBS.?
- Government testing is done so that the ladder withstand pressure of 300 lbs. with out breaking.
- Government test builds in a four times safety factor so the ladder will withstand 1,200 lbs. without breaking
What is an "Engineered Truss"?
- Most new homes have the roof and ceiling built with trusses that are raised up and create one unit.
- The truss joists are usually spaced 24" on center
- To put an attic ladder between these joists, the ladder spacing has to be 22-1/2" maximum.
What is a rough opening?
- This is the inside to inside measurements in the ceiling so that the attic ladder will fit up into the ceiling joists.